Adding to Symbiota's geographic backbone

Mary Barkworth

Feb 10, 2021, 4:55:39 PM2/10/21
to symbio...@googlegroups.com, Dean Phillips

Dean Phillips has asked how to add to or create the geographic backbone for a Symbiota installation. He is at BOLUS (the herbarium of the University of Cape Town). They will be using their own server and making use of direct data entry.  I have always asked others for help, not knowing how to work with the back end. In the past, I have provided a spreadsheet with the entries for “country”, “stateprovince”, “county”, and “municipality” to Ed or Curtis, but I am wondering if there are some instructions out there somewhere, preferably for enabling batch-upload in the sanem manner as names can be added to the nomenclatural backbone. Yes, Dean does have backend access.

Mary

Katelin Pearson

Feb 10, 2021, 4:59:48 PM2/10/21
to symbio...@googlegroups.com, Dean Phillips
Hi Mary,

There are several lookup SQL tables in "the backend" called the following:
  • lkupcountry
  • lkupcounty
  • lkupmunicipality
  • lkupstateprovince
I believe that if Dean uploads data into these tables, those data will show up as the auto-complete country/state/county/municipality lists that you see when you do data entry.

Best,
~Katie

  --
Katelin (Katie) D. Pearson
Portal manager, CNABH & CNALH

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 1:55 PM Mary Barkworth <Mary.Ba...@usu.edu> wrote:

[...]

Mary Barkworth

Feb 10, 2021, 5:02:46 PM2/10/21
to symbio...@googlegroups.com, Dean Phillips

THANK YOU!  It sounds like, if one has access, it should be fairly straightforward.

Dean, you might wish to sign up for the Symbiota ListServ.  I should have thought to send you there when you first asked. My mistake.

Mary

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/symbiotagroup/CAD%2BGPpZTdOzABZRq6kqSgJTLsNPUvbDi4ZUcb4oSQjiaWn_w3g%40mail.gmail.com.

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of USU. If this appears to be a USU employee, beware of impersonators. Do not click links, reply, download images, or open attachments unless you verify the sender’s identity and know the content is safe.