Symbiam^3

Ronyman

Oct 16, 2010, 2:42:10 PM10/16/10
to symbianbible
Could you upgrade to Symbian ^ 3 Reader Bibles?
Is that I often use the program but not closed to find Bibles in
Symbian ^ 3 (Nokia N8) and maybe you could update the application icon
if you are so kind ...
God bless you

psalmsninetyone

Oct 25, 2010, 4:23:06 AM10/25/10
to symbianbible
I like the idea to update the icon. On top of that, I'm using s60
version 3 and the search option does not work well. It only searches
from the book you are reading at that time to revelations. Please ad
an option to determine which book it stats from and ends at while
searching
Message has been deleted

Yohanes Nugroho

Nov 3, 2010, 3:27:03 AM11/3/10
to symbia...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 1:42 AM, Ronyman <man...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Could you upgrade to Symbian ^ 3 Reader Bibles?
> Is that I often use the program but not closed to find Bibles in

Can you try downloading this:

http://www.trac.es/bible/symbianbible-s605th-latest.sisx

And instead of using "update bible list", use "Open Bible File" and
select the bible that you want to open.

> Symbian ^ 3 (Nokia N8) and maybe you could update the application icon
> if you are so kind ...

What is wrong with the current icon? does it look bad in Symbian^3

--
Regards
Yohanes

Yohanes Nugroho

Nov 3, 2010, 3:28:33 AM11/3/10
to symbia...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 3:23 PM, psalmsninetyone <werd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I like the idea to update the icon. On top of that, I'm using s60
> version 3 and the search option does not work well. It only searches
> from the book you are reading at that time to revelations. Please ad
> an option to determine which book it stats from and ends at while
> searching

It requires quite a lot of code to be added. And now that symbian will
move from AVKON to Qt, I am not sure if I will add that feature.

Ben Anderson

Nov 9, 2010, 11:42:08 PM11/9/10
to symbianbible

I have some problems on N8:
1. Cannot find drive E either on "Open Bible File" or "Update Bible
List"
2. If Bible files copied to phone memory (Drive C), program crashes
back to menu.

The program installs to the N8 no problem, just cannot find Bible
files.

I've used your S60Bible for years. Thanks for such a useful program.

Ben

Raphael

Nov 15, 2010, 9:28:59 PM11/15/10
to symbianbible
On Nov 3, 5:28 am, Yohanes Nugroho <yoha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It requires quite a lot of code to be added. And now that symbian will
> move from AVKON to Qt, I am not sure if I will add that feature.

Yohanes,

Can I start to port S60Bible to QT? I'm thinking to create a project
at sf.net to host the sources....

Yohanes Nugroho

Nov 15, 2010, 9:52:00 PM11/15/10
to symbia...@googlegroups.com

It seems the problem is not on the place that I thought it would be. I
don't have much time now to track the bug, my fist son was just born a
week ago.

Yohanes Nugroho

Nov 15, 2010, 9:53:55 PM11/15/10
to symbia...@googlegroups.com

Yes, sure. It would be great if someone want to start the port. I will
be happy to help if you have any question about the PDB format. I have
also ported the PDB reader to Blackberry (Java), and I think it is
much easier to understand compared to the Symbian C++ port (it was a
direct Palm C to Symbian C++ mapping). The URL is:

http://compactbyte.com/bb-bible/

dieter becht

Nov 19, 2010, 12:11:55 AM11/19/10
to symbia...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,

I had a similar problem and fixed it by defragmenting my memory card
(attached it to the computer and defragmented it in Windows). Don't know
why it worked, but it did.

Cheers,

Dieter

Ben K

Nov 27, 2010, 1:28:21 AM11/27/10
to symbianbible
can the blackberry java version run on our nokia phones? they support
java too right?

Yohanes Nugroho

Mar 12, 2011, 2:40:24 AM3/12/11
to symbia...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Thank you for everyone that encourages me to create a version for
Symbian^3. I had been trying to get it working, but I wasn't able to
do that that since I didn't have access to a symbian^3 device.

Few months ago I tried to work with Ronald Mancia Umaña remotely to
help me test. I sent him several .sisx file, and he sent me back a log
file. But since I can't figure out what is wrong, I stopped. I even
tried to put classifieds in my church bulletin to get a second hand N8
(or to find someone willing to lend me one), but I can't find anyone.

Yesterday Akinwole Akinpelu reminded me that there is Nokia Remote
Device Access. I have known about this service for a long time, but I
have never been able to connect to the service (I think mostly because
of my internet connection). Recently I have upgraded my Internet
connection, so I thought I should try it again.

Last night I was able to connect to RDA, and although the access was
very slow, I was able to get SymbianBible to work on Symbian^3 device.
It turns out the problem was in the logging itself. I should not have
used RFileLogger, which is undocumented/unsupported API.

Akinwole Akinpelu have confirmed that this version works in Symbian^4:

http://www.trac.es/bible/symbianbible-s605th-latest.sisx

--
Regards
Yohanes
http://yohan.es/

Yohanes Nugroho

Mar 12, 2011, 10:47:31 AM3/12/11
to symbia...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Yohanes Nugroho <yoh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Akinwole Akinpelu have confirmed that this version works in Symbian^4:

Sorry, i meant Symbian^3

Anne

Mar 13, 2011, 9:41:07 AM3/13/11
to symbianbible
Hi, that's great! Just tried on my N8, works like a charm! (via
"update bible list"; the option "open bible file" still crashes the
program).
Thanks a lot for your work, god bless!
Anne

Aaron Cervantes G.

Mar 13, 2011, 9:55:45 PM3/13/11
to symbia...@googlegroups.com
Thank you men!, it's working fine in Nokia N8.

Blessings.

Ronyman

Mar 13, 2011, 11:20:49 PM3/13/11
to symbianbible

Thanks works great on my Nokia N8 and do not know if it's possible to
change the icon for one a little more modern I think I sent one a
while ago ...
God bless you

Yohanes Nugroho

Mar 13, 2011, 11:33:41 PM3/13/11
to symbia...@googlegroups.com

Sorry, almost forgot about the icon. I was concentrating to the it working.

Can you make the icon blue? (or modify my current icon to be shinny?)
I have used the blue icon since 2003, and I think it will be nice if
people can recognize the icon immediately.

Ronyman

Mar 14, 2011, 3:58:57 PM3/14/11
to symbianbible

> Can you make the icon blue?  (or modify my current icon to be shinny?)
> I have used the blue icon since 2003, and I think it will be nice if
> people can recognize the icon immediately.

I sent an email with some icons for review and comment me.
God bless you for your wonderful work