Help with creating a bible in my native language.

midhun here

Feb 14, 2011, 10:15:04 PM2/14/11
to symbianbible
Hi Developer,

I really thank you for your effort for this awesome project. Now
we require a bible(pdb) in our own language. I'm a software developer
working in mobile platforms. I know that pdb is palm database and I'm
using Linux for my development. Can you illustrate the steps to
generate it. I'm familiar with C,C++,Obj-C,C# languages. I don't know
about palm os programming stuff. Can you help me to develop pdb for
our language? . If I succeed , I can develop pdb for other language as
well.

Thanks,
Midhun

ericko tandayu

Feb 15, 2011, 9:02:55 PM2/15/11
to symbia...@googlegroups.com
This is an awesome initiative brotherr!!! I wish I could help you :(
But, your passion is appreciated brother! God speed!

Ericko Tandayu

Feb 18, 2011, 3:08:43 AM2/18/11
to symbia...@googlegroups.com
Dear Midhun
If you Know C++, you hae mre than enough knowledge to begin webOS development (palm OS is very old but this still applies).

Dennis M S

Yohanes Nugroho

Feb 18, 2011, 3:19:09 AM2/18/11
to symbia...@googlegroups.com, midhun here
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. For the past 3 months, I didn't work much on anything because I just got my first baby boy.

Anyway, to generate PDB file, you can read my tutorial at:

The format of the bible text file to be converted is described here:

If you are a developer interested in creating your own parser or converter, you can read about the PDB format:

Or you can use my Java source code in my Blackberry bible:

--
Regards
Yohanes

midhun here

Feb 27, 2011, 2:08:29 PM2/27/11
to symbianbible
Thanks brother... God will help me to do it.... :)

On Feb 16, 7:02 am, ericko tandayu <ericko_tand...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> This is an awesome initiative brotherr!!! I wish I could help you :(
> But, your passion is appreciated brother! God speed!
>
> Ericko Tandayu
>
> ________________________________

Thanks,
Midhun

midhun here

Feb 27, 2011, 1:57:18 PM2/27/11
to symbianbible
Thanks Dennis,
I'll keep in touch you for each milestone.
Thanks,
Midhun

midhun here

Feb 27, 2011, 1:55:13 PM2/27/11
to symbianbible
Thanks brother for your reply. I'll work on this and give you updates.

On Feb 18, 1:19 pm, Yohanes Nugroho <yoha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the late reply. For the past 3 months, I didn't work much on
> anything because I just got my first baby boy.
>
> Anyway, to generate PDB file, you can read my tutorial at:
>
> http://yohan.es/bible-pdb/convert-to-pdb/
>
> <http://yohan.es/bible-pdb/convert-to-pdb/>The format of the bible text file
> to be converted is described here:
>
> http://yohan.es/bible-pdb/BibleConverterManual/
>
>  <http://yohan.es/bible-pdb/BibleConverterManual/>If you are a developer
> interested in creating your own parser or converter, you can read about the
> PDB format:
>
> http://yohan.es/bible-pdb/bible-plus-pdb-format/
>
> <http://yohan.es/bible-pdb/bible-plus-pdb-format/>Or you can use my Java
> source code in my Blackberry bible: