Help

News Group

Jul 6, 2006, 9:58:51 PM7/6/06
Ok I have now spent two days on this. First everything was working fine and
then a thunderstorm hit and my computer shut down due to a loss of power.
When power came back everything was fine, but my outlook express did not
work. I called the ISP, Comcast, they told me everything was fine with
them. I agree, because I can search the internet and retrieve mail from
their website. They told me my ports are blocked, call my router people.
Called Linksys and they said everything is fine, call Norton. Called Norton
and my subscription had ran out. Signed up for Norton Internet Security and
Norton works, but problem still exits. Every time I try to open outlook
express I get the following error message on all email accounts:

"The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Spam House', Server:
'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

What does it mean and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Jul 7, 2006, 9:56:11 AM7/7/06
It sounds like you may have a corrupted rules file. I'd try going into the
NIS config, highlighting all of the rules and deleting them. Then do a
Program Scan and let it create all new rules. Give that a try and see if it
fixes your access.

"News Group" <tj...@comcast.net> wrote in message