Norton Cleanup

C.

Nov 4, 2006, 3:54:41 PM11/4/06
Using Norton System Works 2005 Professional on a Windows XP
system.

I recently installed Internet Explorer 7.0 and since doing
that, Norton's cleanup will no longer find the cookies left
behind from web browsing.

Is there some setting I can access to point the Norton cleanup
program to the right folder?

Thx in advance for any help offered. BTW, if this is not the
correct forum to pose this question, please refer me to the
correct one.

C.

KLR

Nov 6, 2006, 1:32:33 AM11/6/06

Good Question!
I am also looking for an answer to this new problem.

Ken

C.

Nov 6, 2006, 6:36:04 AM11/6/06
Ken:

Evidently not many answers forthcoming on this one ---- but
thought I'd pass on that SPYBOT will do the same thing as
Norton Cleanup with respect to cookies (delete most, but keep
some) and it STILL WORKS OK.

C.

KLR

Dec 11, 2006, 8:58:58 PM12/11/06

C, Re Norton Cleanup
I just installed NSW2006 and am running IE7.
I agree that NSW 2005 messed up the cookie stuff.
2006 is able to see them.
When running Express it downloads all the favorites and assumes I want
the cookies.
I do not.
I usually use the custom - to lock in the ones I want.
It wants to lock in anything that show in the Saved websites - which
are hundreds.
I opened up options and in the saved websites - unchecked all the many
sites that I do not want in the cookie column (which are ticked by
default) and left the ones I want to save.
Add new ones in custom.
Do not delete as the reinstall when you run Express Checkup.
A lot of work, but seems to work.
Had to uncheck the cookie box 1 at a time - but it seems to hold - make
sure you Apply when all unchecked.
Let me know if this makes any sense to you or anyone else.
Ken