Symantec LiveUpdate

blank

Apr 21, 2006, 7:39:12 AM4/21/06
I have been running Norton System Works 2005 on an XP system.
Everything has been working great for the past year (at least) but now
I can't download the virus definitions. Once I start LiveUpdate, it
gets the place where it is "Synchronizing with the Symantec Server" and
then it just hangs (and I have waited for at least a half hour). I
tried the help from Symantec and disabled the microsoft firewall, with
no success. I also tried the Symantec automatic restore function with
no success. This has been working find, with no known changes to the
system in the last month, since the last time I was able to download
the virus definitions.

Peruser

Apr 23, 2006, 8:45:52 PM4/23/06
Has your subscription expired? I had the same problem.

"blank" <aker...@comcast.net> wrote in message

blank

Apr 23, 2006, 9:07:15 PM4/23/06
It shouldn't have. My subscription should be good up until October
'06, but I suppose I should check with Symantec just to be sure.
Thanks.

Dave

Apr 24, 2006, 9:50:55 AM4/24/06
What does it say in NAV? It should should show how long you have left.

Also, I'd try going to the Symantec site and reinstalling LiveUpdate.