Backing up to cd/dvd in Norton Ghost 9?

pati...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2006, 6:02:42 PM3/28/06
I'm using Norton Ghost 9 on Windows XP and trying to make a bootable
backup image of my C: drive to a DVD-writer (E:) plugged in via USB2.
However, I can find no option to choose the DVD drive as my
destination.

In the Drive Backup Wizard, I see choices for "local" drive and
"network" drive. I choose "local", and select E: as my destination and
C: as my source.

Ghost detects that E: is a DVD drive and gives me a dialog box saying
"Choose the cd-rw/dvd-rw location type from the drive backup wizard".
Where am I supposed to choose the cd-rw/dvd-rw location type? The only
choices I see are "local" and "network".

Any suggestions or guidance would be most appreciated.

pati...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2006, 12:58:49 AM3/29/06
This problem has solved itself with a couple of reboots. But it has
been replaced by another problem. Now under choices for "Back up to:"
I see "Local", "Network", and "CD-RW/DVD-RW".

But when I select "CD-RW/DVD-RW", I don't see the "E:" drive (my USB
DVD-writer) as a choice sto store the backup image. And when I click
on "Local" and select "E:", Ghost detects that "E:" is a CD/DVD drives
and gives me the error dialog "Choose the cd-rw/dvd-rw location type

from the drive backup wizard".

Any help with this inconsistency? In "Local" mode, Ghost detects that
my drive is a CD/DVD drive. But in "CD-RW/DVD-RW" mode, Ghost doesn't
detect that drive at all.