Protecting computers

Akiva Nalkin

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98

I have 4 questions I would like you t try and help me with:

1.
Is there a possibility to stop the cancel button on the logon screen
entering the computer (the same as cancel on the screen saver does
not allow entry)?

If not what method is there to halt entry to the computer?

2.
Is there a possibilty for an extra blockage with a password for
specific files?
(What I mean is that if the person is allowed to enter, is it
possible to block specific files so that he will have to enter a
password to get to?
ex: blocking a file to view on a network

Is it possible to do that for a whole directory is a file is not
possible?

3.
Do I heve to import all the keys of all the users for evry computer
on a network?, so that all the users can view all the files.

4.
Is it possible to block the entry to another disk on a win95 network?

Thanks

Akiva Nalkin

David Lucas (Symantec)

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
On 25 Sep 1998 13:18:46 GMT, Akiva Nalkin <xaki...@inter.net.il>
wrote:

>I have 4 questions I would like you t try and help me with:
>
>1.
>Is there a possibility to stop the cancel button on the logon screen
>entering the computer (the same as cancel on the screen saver does
>not allow entry)?

We have no feature to remove the Cancel button. We have submitted this
request to our development group.

>If not what method is there to halt entry to the computer?

We recommend to use the Bootlock feature of NYEO to stop entry to the
system.

>2.
>Is there a possibilty for an extra blockage with a password for
>specific files?

We recommend to use the Bootlock feature of NYEO to stop entry to the
system.

>(What I mean is that if the person is allowed to enter, is it
>possible to block specific files so that he will have to enter a
>password to get to?

You can encrypt files, if the user does not log in to NYEO then cannot
read or use the file, but they can delete. With Bootlock install they
cannot get access to the drive without logging in first.

>ex: blocking a file to view on a network

You can Encrypt a files contents on a network drive.

>3. Do I heve to import all the keys of all the users for evry computer on a network?, so that all the users can view all the files.

The person who creates the document needs to have the public keys from
all the other users.

>4. Is it possible to block the entry to another disk on a win95 network?

No, NYEO dos not deny access to network disks. This is the job of the
Network!

You may want to read the information below about NYEO.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/disklock.nsf/docid/199712911228
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/disklock.nsf/docid/1997326131015
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/disklock.nsf/docid/199732612310\

Please let us know if you need more information!

David Lucas
Symantec

Please continue to post your messages to the public discussion group
as Symantec does not provide support via private e-mail. Thank you.

If you have difficulty getting a response, please read the following
article:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/1998527114414

For free technical support newsletters, Knowledge Base support
articles, our Online Support Genie, and FAQs, visit our Norton
AntiVirus support page:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nav.html