Screenlock vs Bootlock

David Lucas (Symantec)

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
On 5 Sep 1998 05:57:39 GMT, Howard M. Marx
<xhmpsy...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Hi
>Can you install ONLY Screenlock on a standalone
>pc that has access to a network but it's own OS
>( win 95) so that others cannot view your email?
>or do you need to install Bootlock too?
>Kindly explain I read the manual and also FAQ but d
>do not find the answer.
>thank you
>Howard

Hi Howard,

Thank you for posting in our on-line discussion group.

I wanted to apologize for the length it took to respond to your
message. Please take my sincere apology and I hope you continue to
post to our newsgroup in the future.

The Bootlock portion is designed to stop people from accessing the
system with logging in. This will stop all unauthorized access to the
system

Screen Lock stops people from using the machine after a determined
time of inactivity. If the person restart the machine they could get
access to the machine if Bootlock was not installed.

Please let me know what you find.

David Lucas
Support Analyst
Symantec Corporation

Please continue to post your messages to the public discussion group
as Symantec does not provide support via private e-mail. Thank you.

If you have difficulty getting a response, please read the following
article:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/1998527114414

For free technical support newsletters, Knowledge Base support
articles, our Online Support Genie, and FAQs, visit our Norton
AntiVirus support page:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nav.html