Do we need a "For Your Eyes" banner every time?

David Lucas (Symantec)

Sep 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/28/98
On 27 Sep 1998 17:59:25 GMT, Jim M. <xjmo...@mci2000.com> wrote:

>I've been thinking of installing FYEO after seeing it on a co-workers
>computer. One thing I don't like-the boolock sign which announces FOR
>YOUR EYES ONLY. Do we want others who use are computer to know there
>are secret files, even if they are secure? Why not just put a large
>sign on the computer:
>NOTE-THERE ARE SECRET FILES ON THIS COMPUTER, YES THIS IS WHERE WE
>KEEP THE SECRET FILES. PLEASE, DON'T TRY TO GET TO THE SECRET FILES.
>
>In short, I think a more reserved, simple password logon would be
>better.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for visiting Symantec's Online Support Services. Currently
we have no work around for turning of the signs. I will place a
feature enhancement request for this in our database for you.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

David Lucas
Symantec

Please continue to post your messages to the public discussion group
as Symantec does not provide support via private e-mail. Thank you.

If you have difficulty getting a response, please read the following
article:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/1998527114414

For free technical support newsletters, Knowledge Base support
articles, our Online Support Genie, and FAQs, visit our Norton
AntiVirus support page:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nav.html