need to salvage a system

1 view

David Lucas (Symantec)

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
On 24 Sep 1998 19:08:03 GMT, Jeff Raczynski <xje...@wickes.com> wrote:

>I had FYEO installed, then put a new drive on a system which moved my
>drive letters around. Then I uninstalled FYEO, attempted to access
>some files that were encrypted but couldn't. I reinstalled using my
>FYEO password disk and it seems like my password does not transfer
>back to my system. If I run the util off the disk with the /f switch
>it accepts my passwd and says it will remove bootlock ( which isn't
>on anyway ) but my passwd does not get transfered to my system.
>
>Is there a way to do this ?!?!?

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for posting in our on-line discussion group. I have some
information you can review that may help resolve the problem. I
listed to knowledge base articles below for you to review on this
issue:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/disklock.nsf/docid/1997326124735
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/disklock.nsf/docid/1997121511257

Please let me know if you still need further assistance with the
restoring settings!

David Lucas
Symantec

Please continue to post your messages to the public discussion group
as Symantec does not provide support via private e-mail. Thank you.

If you have difficulty getting a response, please read the following
article:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/1998527114414

For free technical support newsletters, Knowledge Base support
articles, our Online Support Genie, and FAQs, visit our Norton
AntiVirus support page:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nav.html