URGENT! PLEASE!

Julio Goncalves

Sep 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/23/98
First of all, let me explain what I really need!

I do not know Norton Your Eyes Only. A friend of mine told me about
this software and I think that it can help me a lot. I need to send a
software that my company uses to a client (The softare was developed
here with Visual Basic 3.0 and running on Win95), so I need to
protect my software against a possible reverse engineering. I was
trying to do that with pklite from Pkware but it does not work!

So, my question: Can Norton-YEO do all of this for me?
What version? Client? Administrator? Can Norton-YEO encrypt a Visual
Basic 3.0 exe file and nobody decrypt it? If the answer were yes, how
would it work on the client's machine?
Similar pklite?

It is very important and urgent, because I will buy the application
if it really could help me!

By the way, is there any other software that really could help me?

Thanks a lot!

Júlio Gonçalves
(julio.g...@promon.com.br)

David Lucas (Symantec)

Sep 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/23/98
On 23 Sep 1998 20:04:23 GMT, Julio Goncalves
<xjulio.g...@promon.com.br> wrote:

>First of all, let me explain what I really need!
>

>I need to send a
>software that my company uses to a client (The softare was developed
>here with Visual Basic 3.0 and running on Win95), so I need to
>protect my software against a possible reverse engineering. I was
>trying to do that with pklite from Pkware but it does not work!
>
>So, my question: Can Norton-YEO do all of this for me?
>What version? Client? Administrator? Can Norton-YEO encrypt a Visual
>Basic 3.0 exe file and nobody decrypt it? If the answer were yes, how
>would it work on the client's machine?
>Similar pklite?
>
>It is very important and urgent, because I will buy the application
>if it really could help me!

Hi Julio,

Thank you for visiting Symantec's Online Support Service for Norton
Your Eyes Only. Unfortunately our software would not help in this
area. You could encrypt the .exe file but the user on the other end
would not be able to use it without decrypting it first with there
NYEO Public key.

I did some searches on the internet with Altavista
http://altavista.digital.com/cgi-bin/query?pg=q&kl=en&q=reverse+engineering+protect+software+prevent

And came up with this web site with utilities that sounds like what
you want!
http://www.programmersheaven.com/pheaven/www/area38.htm

Please let me know what you find.

David Lucas
Symantec

Please continue to post your messages to the public discussion group
as Symantec does not provide support via private e-mail. Thank you.

If you have difficulty getting a response, please read the following
article:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/1998527114414

For free technical support newsletters, Knowledge Base support
articles, our Online Support Genie, and FAQs, visit our Norton
AntiVirus support page:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nav.html