Your Eyes Only

Raymond Bill

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
Error message on Compaq 1592DMT:
"While initializing device IOS
Error: An I/O subsystem driver failed to load
Either a file in the .\iosubsys subdirectory is corrupt
Or the system is low on memory"
ANY SUGGESTIONS?

David Lucas (Symantec)

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98

Hi Raymond,

I listed below links to documents in online knowledge bases that may
help you resolve the issue.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/1997117103419
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q164/6/66.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q157/9/24.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q149/9/62.asp

Please let me know what you find.

David Lucas
Support Analyst
Symantec Corporation

Please continue to post your messages to the public discussion group
as
Symantec does not provide support via private e-mail. Thank you.

If you have difficulty getting a response, please read the following
article:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/1998527114414

For free technical support newsletters, Knowledge Base support
articles, our
Online Support Genie, and FAQs, visit our Norton AntiVirus support
page:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nav.html

Raymond

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:27:45 GMT, David Lucas (Symantec) wrote:
> On 15 Sep 1998 04:31:23 GMT, Raymond Bill wrote:
>
> >Error message on Compaq 1592DMT:
> >"While initializing device IOS
> > Error: An I/O subsystem driver failed to load
> > Either a file in the .\iosubsys subdirectory is corrupt
> > Or the system is low on memory"
> >ANY SUGGESTIONS?
>
>David--
Tried your suggestion, downloaded the iosfix.exe file, followed
instructions, did not fix.
SAFE mode ran okay, NORMAL mode ran okay after renaming YEO
directory, the start-up error listed 4 error messages specifying a
file named dlvxd..vxd.

David Lucas (Symantec)

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98

Hello Raymond,

Thank you for posting in our on-line discussion group. The error 4 is
probably due to some left over links and information in the registry
for Your Eyes Only. I would suggest to boot to SafeMode Raymond and
remove the rest of the Your Eyes Only. This may allow you to get
Windows bootable again. I attached a knowledge base link Raymond to
the Manual Uninstall for YEO below.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/disklock.nsf/docid/19981279637

Raymond Bill

Sep 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/21/98
Have tried every idea you have presented. Cannot get YEO to run on
Compaq 1592DMT. Is there a more recent incarnation of YEO that might
be more agreeable? If not, you may want to alert users to this
Compaq incompatability. Thanks for your assistance.

David Lucas (Symantec)

Sep 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/21/98

Hi Bill,

Thank you for re posting in our on-line discussion group. I listed
some information for your question on the newer version. I also found
some information in Microsoft knowledge base on the issue that I
listed below too.

>Is there a more recent incarnation of YEO that might
>be more agreeable?

Our newest version of YEO is 4.10, this version can be obtained from
our Customer Service Department at 800-441-7234.

One step we have not tested is to try renaming Smartdrv.exe.
Renaming SMARTDRV.EXE

Follow these steps to rename SMARTDRV.EXE:
1. Boot Windows 95 in Safe Mode or to a command prompt.
2. Change to C:\Windows directory (CD\Windows) Type REN smartdrv.exe
smartdrv.ex0. This step will rename SMARTDRV.EXE to another name (for
example, SMARTDRV.EX0).

See Microsoft's explanation
For more information go to http://support.microsoft.com and search for
the following Microsoft article:
Article ID: Q157924
Creation Date: 21-OCT-1996
Revision Date: 21-MAR-1997

Please keep me informed of any changes. Thank you for posting.

David Lucas
Symantec