Bootlock

Ian Sutherland

Sep 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/23/98
I have just bought and installed Your Eyes Only, but I can't get the
Bootlock to work (which is the most important part of the system as
far as I'm concerned!. I am using a standalone P200 and when I try
to install Bootlock I get the error message "Failed to get MBR
details" (the last word might be 'record' or 'information', but you
get the general idea.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Ian Sutherland

David Lucas (Symantec)

Sep 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/23/98
On 23 Sep 1998 10:17:47 GMT, Ian Sutherland
<xI.Suth...@Swansea.ac.uk> wrote:

>I have just bought and installed Your Eyes Only, but I can't get the
>Bootlock to work (which is the most important part of the system as
>far as I'm concerned!. I am using a standalone P200 and when I try
>to install Bootlock I get the error message "Failed to get MBR
>details" (the last word might be 'record' or 'information', but you
>get the general idea.

Hi Ian,

Thank you for visiting Symantec's Online Support Services. I found
some information that may help with your issue of Bootlock failing to
install.

One possibility could be some time of drive problem. I would recommend
to run Norton Disk Doctor or Scandisk to check for drive errors. You
may want to see if you have partition problems or a unformatted drive
on the system, you can check this by running FDISK /STATUS from
MS-DOS.

I listed below a link to a document in our online knowledge base that
may help you resolve the issue too.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/disklock.nsf/docid/199710695535

Keep me informed of what you find!

David Lucas
Symantec

Please continue to post your messages to the public discussion group
as Symantec does not provide support via private e-mail. Thank you.

If you have difficulty getting a response, please read the following
article:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/1998527114414

For free technical support newsletters, Knowledge Base support
articles, our Online Support Genie, and FAQs, visit our Norton
AntiVirus support page:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nav.html