"0016 SIR"

Micah Bedwell

Sep 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/23/98
I am getting the message "0016 SIR" the initial FYEO logon...the user
never makes to the "Windows" screen

David Lucas (Symantec)

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
On 23 Sep 1998 17:35:04 GMT, Micah Bedwell <xBedw...@wellsfargo.com>
wrote:

>I am getting the message "0016 SIR" the initial FYEO logon...the user
>never makes to the "Windows" screen

Hi Micah,

Thanks for visiting our support newsgroups. The 0016 SIR message
usually caused by corruption in the NYEO files. Possible due to a bad
sector or lost allocations on the hard disk. I would recommend to run
through the manual uninstall document I listed below and then run
scandisk or Norton Utilities to check the drive for errors. Then
reinstall the FYEO.

Please let me know what you find.

David Lucas
Symantec

Please continue to post your messages to the public discussion group
as Symantec does not provide support via private e-mail. Thank you.

If you have difficulty getting a response, please read the following
article:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/1998527114414

For free technical support newsletters, Knowledge Base support
articles, our Online Support Genie, and FAQs, visit our Norton
AntiVirus support page:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nav.html