Recycle Bin

David Lucas (Symantec)

Sep 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/28/98
On 27 Sep 1998 21:23:42 GMT, Neil Brumberger
<xneilbru...@iname.com> wrote:

>Yesterday I deleted a directory which was protected by Your Eyes
>Only. Now, Your Eyes Only thinks that my Recycle Bin is protected by
>YEO. Every time I try to purge files from the Recycle Bin I get a
>message that access is denied and the files may be in use.
>I have tried to right click on the recycle bin folder in Windows
>Explorer to change its YEO properties, but list of options that opens
>up does not include the two items to enable or disable YEO
>protection.
>By the way, I also have Norton Utilities Unerase active.
>What can I do to correct this?

Hi Neil,

Thank you for visiting Symantec's Online Support Services. Delete the
directory containing the "recycled" files from within DOS:

1. Click Start, select Programs, then click "MSDOS Prompt."
2. Type: DELTREE /Y C:\RECYCLED and press enter
3. Type: EXIT and press enter.

Please let me know what you find on this Recycle Bin issues.

David Lucas
Symantec

Please continue to post your messages to the public discussion group
as Symantec does not provide support via private e-mail. Thank you.

If you have difficulty getting a response, please read the following
article:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/1998527114414

For free technical support newsletters, Knowledge Base support
articles, our Online Support Genie, and FAQs, visit our Norton
AntiVirus support page:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nav.html