renameing a bootlock file

David Lucas (Symantec)

Sep 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/28/98
On 26 Sep 1998 23:37:38 GMT, Richard Noland <xRno...@hrcentral.com>
wrote:

>I have a win 98 system and whenb i rename a bootlock file the system
>warns of an illegal operation and shuts down. When it reboots the
>name change has taken place. is this a problem with win98? Is there
>a solution

Hi Richard,

Thank you for visiting Symantec's Online Support Services. I would
recommend to check your version, you want to at least be running 4.10
of NYEO. Click on Start, Programs, Norton Your Eyes Only, Norton
Control Center. Then click on About and examine the version. If you
version is older that 4.10, I would recommend to contact our Customer
Service and get the update to 4.10 NYEO.

I listed below a link to document in our online knowledge base that
may give you some information on this issue too.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/disklock.nsf/docid/199710319838

Please keep us informed of what you find.

David Lucas
Symantec

Please continue to post your messages to the public discussion group
as Symantec does not provide support via private e-mail. Thank you.

If you have difficulty getting a response, please read the following
article:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/1998527114414

For free technical support newsletters, Knowledge Base support
articles, our Online Support Genie, and FAQs, visit our Norton
AntiVirus support page:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nav.html