Virus found that affected my floppy drive (A:/)

Nelly

Jul 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/17/98
I took my computer to my computer man today to have a look at
reformatting the hard drive and looking at the floppy. When he tried
to boot the computer on floppy drive it wouldn't start and then when
he started the computer normally on windows Norton Antivirus came up
with "virus found" with a big bug in a cage on the screen and a long
message. Norton Antivirus didn't detect this virus at home (I don't
know why) and it has obviously been there for months. My computer man
said it is obviously one of those virus's that waits for the right
files to be used to activate it.

The virus was in the autoexec.bat file.

He used F Prot to get rid of the virus. I had the floppy drive
replaced about a month ago by a computer firm and the feeder cables
replaced and am just a little annoyed that I had to spend that money
and the money spent today because of some nasty little person that
created a virus.

Why do you think that my Norton Antivirus Gold Edition Version 4.0 did
not detect and clean the virus? This antivirus package cost me
$NZ140.00 to purchase.

Nelly,
ICQ 14823033
Curiosity killed the cat, meow.