I need to get rid of sampo!

Hermon Munster

Oct 31, 2001, 5:32:21 AM10/31/01
I'm running Windows ME on a laptop. Or at least I was until my girlfriend
brought a floppy home from college, now my laptop is infected with the Sampo
virus. Norton has found it but is preventing the system from completing to
load windows. I don't have a rescue disc (yes I know we learn the hard way).

Can anyone help me get my laptop back on and get rid of this bugger.

Cheers
Sean

Wessel

Oct 31, 2001, 5:27:08 AM10/31/01

"Hermon Munster" <seana...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
Try this http://www.bootdisk.com/

Grtz Wessel

Robert Green

Oct 31, 2001, 8:33:09 AM10/31/01

"Hermon Munster" <seana...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

http://invircible.com/iv_tools.php

Use MAKERESQ to prepare a rescue disk. Copy the boot virus remover,
IVINIT.EXE, to the rescue disk. Boot the infected computer with the rescue
disk, then run IVINIT. That will remove Sampo.

Bob

Hermon Munster

Oct 31, 2001, 9:16:41 AM10/31/01
It was bootdisk.com that got us into this mess, a windows 95 bootdisk from
user-friendly to be precise.

Anyway I managed to get rid of it with something called f-prot.

Thanks guys for your help, pulled me out of the proverbial.

Sean

"Wessel" <wzaa...@xs4all.nl> wrote in message

Wessel

Oct 31, 2001, 10:47:32 AM10/31/01

> It was bootdisk.com that got us into this mess, a windows 95 bootdisk from
> user-friendly to be precise.

Thanks,

I will refrain from advising it.
Did you notify them?

Regards Wessel

nat...@n-linecomputers.com.spam

Oct 31, 2001, 6:10:31 PM10/31/01
In article <3be034aa$0$1537$e4fe...@newszilla.xs4all.nl>,
wzaa...@xs4all.nl says...
I just checked his site and I can find any viruses in his disks. Are
you positive that your infected disk was off that site? I have my
doubts but would like more information to be certain.
--
Nathan L. Williams
N-Line Computers

Hermon Munster

Nov 1, 2001, 10:00:13 AM11/1/01
It would appear I need to make an apology to the people at Bootdisk.Com and
user-friendly. After spending the better part of the day tracing the source
of the virus I referred to in my earlier post, it now seems that it DID NOT
emanate from BOOTDISK.COM as I indicated in that post but in-fact was picked
up from college on the same day that I was using bootdisk information from
the very wonderful BOOTDISK.COM

Once again my deepest apologies and I will continue to promote the very well
put together site that is BOOTDISK.COM

Thanks for all your help.

Regards
Sean