Boot sequence hangs on the 19th of the month!

Paul Hellstern

Sep 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/20/98
I'm running Norton AV 5.0 with latest update. A through scan always finds
nothing, but on two occasions now, my machine hangs on the WIN98 startup
screen coincidentally on the 19th of the month. No amount of re-booting gets
it through this stage. When I start up the next day everything goes
perfectlly.
One odd thing I notice is that when I hit "escape" to see the DOS screen
under the WIN98 picture, at the DOS prompt I see 3 symbols: A heart, a
small m or perhaps a flying bird, and a smiley face. This doesn't seem like
the normal thing to see in DOS, so I was wandering if this might be some
sort of virus in my bios.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Paul Hellstern cli...@flash.net