Visual Cafe for Java PDE won't install

Symantec, Todd

Jul 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/15/98
On 15 Jul 1998 11:58:53 GMT, Steve Terrell <ster...@sctcorp.com>
wrote:

>I have tried several times to install Visual Cafe for Java PDE 2.0
>several times, and each time it hangs. It will actually install
>enough of the product that I can run it from the command line, but no
>items have been added to the Start button. The install seems to
>freeze after displaying a message about installing native support.
>
>My environment: Windows NT 4.0 with SP3, Dell OptiPlex GX1 (400 Mz,
>128 Meg ram, 4 gig drive space).
Hello Steve,

You are actually running into an install bug that is apart of Windows
NT using some graphics drivers. For a quick fix, you can dump your
color depth down to 256 colors. Microsoft has provided a fix for this
problem on their web site.

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winnt/winnt-public/fixes/usa/nt40/hotfixes-postsp3/getadmin-fix/adminfixi.exe

Or you can go to their search engine, and search for getadmin-fix.
Then follow the getadmin-fix location.

Todd
Symantec Internet Tools Support
http://service.symantec.com
http://service.symantec.com/bugbase
WE DO NOT PROVIDE DIRECT EMAIL SUPPORT

Steve Terrell

Jul 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/15/98
Thanks, Todd. VC has installed successfully.

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998 16:52:34 GMT, tw...@devtools.symantec.com
(Symantec, Todd) wrote:
> On 15 Jul 1998 11:58:53 GMT, Steve Terrell

Symantec, Todd

Jul 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/15/98
On 15 Jul 1998 17:48:40 GMT, Steve Terrell <ster...@sctcorp.com>
wrote:

>Thanks, Todd. VC has installed successfully.

Hey Steve,

Glad it worked!