dll registration from VC2.0 to VC2.5

1 view

Henrik Böttcher

Jul 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/24/98
situation:
We have a NT System and used dbynywhere 1.0 (from VC2.0) and the
registered dll files using snjreg for registration in the registry.
All ran fine.
After changing from VC2.0 to VC2.5 we updated the dbanywhere version
from 1.0 to 1.1a and I tried to use snjreg again to make entries in
the registry for the new dll files.
The access with an applet (written under VC2.5) works fine.
But the access from a WIN32 standalone java programm (written under
VC2.5 and running under the NT System) we get the following error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: symantec.itools.db.jdbc.Driver
SQLState: 08001
Message: No suitable driver
Vendor: 0

After that I suppose that the snjreg did not overwrite the old dll
entries from the VC2.0. After that I tried to install the dll(from
VC2.5) on a second server without nothing (meaning no VC2.0 and no
VC2.5). The WIN32 standalone java programm worked fine. So I thought
I was right with my supposal.
So I deleted the old dll files from the registry (entry of
SNJCLASSES) of the first server and execute snjreg for registration
the new dll files(from VC2.5). But after execution the WIN32
standalone java programm again I have got the same message:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: symantec.itools.db.jdbc.Driver
SQLState: 08001
Message: No suitable driver
Vendor: 0

Question:
what can I do to run the WIN32 standalone java programm on the first
server without getting this message ? Otherwise I have to develop the
the same programm under C.

Thanks for help. Henrik.

P.S:
I used the following line to register the dll files:
Snjreg databind.dll dbawjdbc.dll dbawjnet.dll dbawjpro.dll
dbaw_awt.dll snjawt11.dll snjbeans11.dll snjint11.dll
snjjdbcodbc11.dll snjjgl11.dll snjmath11.dll snjnet11.dll
snjres11.dll snjrmi11.dll snjrt11.dll snjsec11.dll snjsql11.dll
snjzip11.dll symbeans.dll

Symantec/Todd

Jul 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/24/98
On 24 Jul 1998 08:59:56 GMT, Henrik Böttcher <hen...@aol.com> wrote:

>situation:
>We have a NT System and used dbynywhere 1.0 (from VC2.0) and the
>registered dll files using snjreg for registration in the registry.
>All ran fine.
>After changing from VC2.0 to VC2.5 we updated the dbanywhere version
>from 1.0 to 1.1a and I tried to use snjreg again to make entries in
>the registry for the new dll files.
>The access with an applet (written under VC2.5) works fine.
>But the access from a WIN32 standalone java programm (written under
>VC2.5 and running under the NT System) we get the following error:
>
>java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: symantec.itools.db.jdbc.Driver
>SQLState: 08001
>Message: No suitable driver
>Vendor: 0

Hello,

Try running the SNJRT20.exe on your machine. This should install a
brand new copy of the native runtime support. It will have been
included with the 2.5a version of Visual Cafe.

Todd
Symantec Internet Tools Support
http://service.symantec.com
http://service.symantec.com/bugbase
We do not provide direct E-mail support.