1 view

PJ

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
Help! Received Visual Cafe as a gift recently, and I've installed,
uninstalled, installed, uninstalled, etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
Every single time I install the program, and then try to load it, it
refuses to load, giving me an error message that

"VCAFE executed an invalid instruction in
module JAVAI.DLL at 0137:01dba4ce.
Registers:
EAX=00000001 CS=0137 EIP=01dba4ce EFLGS=00050246
EBX=0080e794 SS=013f ESP=0080e78c EBP=0080e9a4
ECX=00040206 DS=013f ESI=01e0dbc0 FS=39f7
EDX=00000000 ES=013f EDI=01d6aeac GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
0f a2 8a c4 83 e0 0f 5b 9d 8b e3 5b c3 83 ec 24
Stack dump:
0080e794 00000202 0080e93c 01db65ce bff913d3 78001256 780020ca
0080e7b8 01e0a7c2 0080e7f8 0080e93c 00bc1407 7fffff47 00bc1350
00000042 00000009"

Symantec/Todd

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
On 9 Sep 1998 22:34:21 GMT, PJ <xpjl...@3lefties.com> wrote:

>Help! Received Visual Cafe as a gift recently, and I've installed,
>uninstalled, installed, uninstalled, etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
>Every single time I install the program, and then try to load it, it
>refuses to load, giving me an error message that

Hello PJ,

You have 1 of 2 problems:
1. You have a conflicting Java.dll on your system. This can be fixed
by following the instructions at:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/devtools.nsf/docid/199812116179
It is a document on preparing your system for installation, so the
instructions do prompt you to install and uninstall one last time, but
after this, you will not have any .dll conflicts.
2. It could be that you have a non Intel processor and need to get a
fix for it to work. To test this, find the SC.INI file. It is located
in the c:\visualcafedbde\bin directory. Add a line on the second line
of the file that reads:
JAVA_COMPCMD=disable
This will disable the JIT compiler, and may fix your problem for now.
Let us know what happens so we can develop a long term fix for you!

Also please let me know what version of the product you are using and
what operating system you are on!

Todd
Symantec Internet Tools Support
http://service.symantec.com
http://service.symantec.com/bugbase
We do not provide direct E-mail support.

PJ

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
On Thu, 10 Sep 1998 20:29:07 GMT, Symantec/Todd wrote:
> On 9 Sep 1998 22:34:21 GMT, PJ <xpjl...@3lefties.com> wrote:
>
> >Help! Received Visual Cafe as a gift recently, and I've installed,
> >uninstalled, installed, uninstalled, etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
> >Every single time I install the program, and then try to load it, it
> >refuses to load, giving me an error message that
> >
> Hello PJ,
>
> This will disable the JIT compiler, and may fix your problem for now.
> Let us know what happens so we can develop a long term fix for you!

No luck....I'm still receiving exactly the same message.

> Also please let me know what version of the product you are using and
> what operating system you are on!

I received VisualCafeWDE 2.0. and have a P-166, 96M RAM, with
Win95....