Will Sylius suit my needs : integration inside a CMS product (4,000+ websites)

Tristan Bessoussa

Apr 12, 2014, 6:05:32 AM4/12/14
to syl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I currently work for a compagny who built a CMS over Symfony2. Our service hosts 4,000+ websites.
I need to get rid of the previous ecommerce solution. To do so, I need to know which ecommerce solution is better to get integrated inside our CMS.

My problematic is the following :
- SSO for both our CMS and Ecommerce solution
- Different theme and css customisation for each site who suscribed to the ecommerce solution

The solution has to be:
Easily customizable (options, theme, preferences) for each sites as it will be not a single shop who will be used, but one for each ecommerce enabled site.

Does Sylius can bring us that ?
I'd prefer to ask because there are a lot of feedbacks for Sylius, but when it comes to integrate it and distribute it inside a CMS which have different problematic, there are not feedbacks yet.

PS: There are Thelia v2 I heard of (you share some of your contributors with them) but I guess it's out of the competition since we can't integrate Thelia inside our Symfony2 app ?

Thanks.

Jonathan Bouzekri

Apr 12, 2014, 8:15:27 AM4/12/14
to syl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have not yet integrated Sylius but your problematics seem pretty straightforward and should not be handled by the ecommerce side of your solution.

For the SSO, this is not Sylius which will provide this function but the security layer of symfony (eventually coupled with another system like CAS, Shibboleth, ... or simple cookie based domain).
You already have the theme per site configuration if your CMS hosts 4000 differents sites with different themes. Why not use it for the ecommerce side ? I don't think Sylius provides UI for this kind of customization but I could be wrong.

I think you should see Sylius as a collection of bundles which will provide the ecommerce sides integrated in your solution : cart logic, order workflow, product information (eventually you can look at Akeneo a great opensource PIM solution based on symfony2), ...

Regards,

Tristan Bessoussa

Apr 13, 2014, 1:11:44 PM4/13/14
to syl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jonathan, If anyone else have feedbacks too, please share it  without moderation ;)

Sergio Marchesini

Apr 13, 2014, 1:32:49 PM4/13/14
to syl...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am working currently on integrating Sylius as the ecommerce component into a very wide application which we are moving to Symfony2, the app involves many 'subsites' and I am facing some of the same problems I think ( theming support, SSO, very wide product offer and multi tenant database structure)
So far I have integrated the Product, Inventory, Payment and Order Bundle and it seems to work very well.
I agree with Jonathan that the way to go is integrating the bundles you need into your vendor dir and extending the entities and controllers with your own.

Unfortunately it takes a lot of 'exploration' of the Sylius/Sylius full application example, as the documentation is IMHO quite behind the current state of things, so I had to play with it and for example dig around for the events and corresponding event listeners so that I could integrate them in my own site flow.
Still I think its worth the effort, and I have also learned a lot of interesting stuff by looking at the code :)

So if you need to feel free to write and I'll be happy to share my experience :) I have a nice map of all cart/checkout events that I will be happy to share :D

Torkil Johnsen

Jun 27, 2014, 2:03:10 AM6/27/14
to syl...@googlegroups.com
I would be interested in such a map Sergio. Just starting out, and the documentation is, as you say, somewhat lacking.

Tristan Bessoussa

Jun 27, 2014, 3:48:24 AM6/27/14
to syl...@googlegroups.com
To all who are concerned with multisite / shop support, I guess the "multishop" support fits our need (or maybe i'm wrong), is someone from sylius could answer.

It's announced in v1 Alpha 3

Sergio Marchesini

Jul 2, 2014, 4:25:26 AM7/2/14
to syl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Torkil, sorry for late replay.
The event system has changed with trhe addition of finite state machine.
So my event map is obsolete :D
But events should be much easier to read now that they are set in the state machine configuration...

HTH

M S

Dec 1, 2015, 2:01:13 AM12/1/15
to Sylius
Hi Sergio!

May I ask you to send me your event map as a starting point from learning purpose?
I just steped in this route and I need some info to start and analyze.

Thank you!

Mikhail Svirkin