Sydney PHP Group - June 2009 Meeting

Timothy

Jun 1, 2009, 8:22:04 AM6/1/09
to Sydney PHP Group
Hi group members,

Sorry for the lateness, we had a cancellation and had to arrange a
different presentation/presenter.

This email is Just a reminder that our next meeting is on at Mobile
Messenger this Thursday 4th June @ 630pm.

This month Timothy Chandler will introduce Ext.Direct, a new JSON RPC
service available in Ext JS 3.0. The presentation will detail how to
setup and use a PHP Ext Direct server which aims to simplify client-to-
server communications.

Additionally, we're encouraging anybody to get up a do a lightning
talks. Lightning talks are 5-10 minute talks about anything. It
doesn't necessarily need to be exclusively PHP related. You can talk
about some cool thing you've been working on at work, or a geeky side-
project you've been working on at home - the subject doesn't really
matter. The idea is to get up and speak about something you enjoy for
5-10 minutes.

More information at:
http://sydphp.org/2009/06/01/june-meeting/

In addition, lots of time to network and chat with fellow PHP
developers in the Sydney region.

As a reminder, meetings are always scheduled for the first Thursday
of
the month. You can get Group updates via:
* twitter : http://twitter.com/sydphp
* blog feed : http://sydphp.org/feed/ and
* upcoming : http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/2804496/

Finally, another reminder that we're desperately looking for
presenters. If you are interested in presenting or know of someone who
is interested, please contact us!

Thanks and hope to see you on Thursday.