SydPHP October 2011 Meetup - 20th October

1 view

Graham Weldon

Oct 17, 2011, 10:11:05 PM10/17/11
to Sydney PHP Group
Hey all!

Join us this october for an earlier event to discuss MySQL performance
and Administration as well as go over the details of the recent
CakePHP 2.0 release!

Its going to be a fun night with plenty of PHP developers at all
levels to network with, chat, and we'll join up for some drinks after
the meetup.

Topics:
- MySQL Performance
- CakePHP 2.0 - Released!

The meetup will be at 7pm at the Sydney Mechanics School of Arts,
through to 9pm.

Anyone is welcome to come along!

The event is FREE, so there's no excuse for missing out! We look
forward to seeing you there!

Graham Weldon

Oct 17, 2011, 10:11:25 PM10/17/11
to Sydney PHP Group
Here's the event link: http://sydphp.org/events/?event_id=13

On Oct 18, 1:11 pm, Graham Weldon <graham

Webmaster

Oct 18, 2011, 8:31:07 AM10/18/11
to syd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the notification.
I have a question...

I would like to do a 'show and tell' to the other members on what
hobby PHP projects I have been working on.

Do you think they would be interested in http://www.guerrillamail.com/

If the topic is security, perhaps I can detail how I've used HTML
Purifier to filter the emails.

The SMTP server is also a PHP script, perhaps I can give some details
about it also. (Server socket programming in php can be fun).

What do you think?

Thanks,

On 18 October 2011 13:11, Graham Weldon

> --
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/sydphp?hl=en

Graham Weldon

Oct 19, 2011, 3:28:38 AM10/19/11
to Sydney PHP Group
Hi,

If you are talking about the tech, and not selling services, I think
people would love it!
Come along to this months meetup and we'll chat about getting you in
to talk about it in the coming months.

Thanks for the interest!
Looking forward to meeting you!

Cheers,
Graham Weldon

On Oct 18, 11:31 pm, Webmaster <flash...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the notification.
> I have a question...
>
> I would like to do a 'show and tell' to the other members on what
> hobby PHP projects I have been working on.
>
> Do you think they would be interested inhttp://www.guerrillamail.com/

Graham Weldon

Oct 19, 2011, 3:29:54 AM10/19/11
to Sydney PHP Group
We've also got a "Meetup" page if you want to RSVP and join:
http://www.meetup.com/SydPHP

Myself and the rest of the team is excited to catch up with everyone
this month

Cheers,
Graham Weldon

On Oct 18, 1:11 pm, Graham Weldon <graham

Webmaster

Oct 19, 2011, 5:09:26 AM10/19/11
to syd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Graham,

Yep, only about the tech :)
I'll make myself known as 'flashmob'

On 19 October 2011 18:28, Graham Weldon

Graham Weldon

Oct 19, 2011, 10:08:00 PM10/19/11
to Sydney PHP Group
Hey,

Be sure to catch up with me tonight at the meetup so we can sort out
any details.
We'll schedule you in for next month, as this month is a little late
notice?

Cheers,
Graham Weldon