2 new sydphp lists: sydphp-jobs and sydphp-discuss

sydphp organisers

Jun 9, 2009, 12:42:17 AM6/9/09
to Sydney PHP Group
Hello group members

We've just introduced two new features to sydphp - a general
discussion list and
employment mailing list.

These lists are both hosted at Google Groups:

sydphp-discuss
====================
This is a general discussion list for all PHP related activities in
the Sydney
area. Membership of the list is open to anyone, just point your
browser to
http://groups.google.com/group/sydphp-discuss - you will be able to
post with your current Google account.

Please do not post employment opportunities to this list (see below).

sydphp-jobs
====================
This is a jobs-related list for PHP developers in the Sydney region.
Anyone
can join and post a job (including contract, full time, part time,
partnership or
business opportunity).

All posts are moderated on sydphp-jobs and those deemed unrelated to
PHP (or PHP in Sydney)
will be rejected.

Off-topic post topics include:
* non PHP related jobs
* development outsourcing opportunities outside Australia
* spam or
* general discussion (use sydphp-discuss)

Job posting is currently free. To start, point your browser at
http://groups.google.com/group/sydphp-jobs and you will be able to
post with your current Google account.

Both these lists will be run as a trial to determine how useful they
are to
the membership and we will be reviewing them over the next few months
determine any required changes or modifications. If you have any
suggestions, please feel free to add them on the sydphp-discuss list.

As a reminder to all members, we are aggregating the RSS & ATOM feeds
of
Sydney based organisations actively developing with or using PHP. If
you want your sydphp related
content to be visible on sydphp.org and centrally accessibly to our
membership, please drop us a line via http://twitter.com/sydphp or
http://identi.ca/sydphp, after reading this page:
http://sydphp.org/get-your-blog-aggregated-on-sydphporg/

You can also get group information & updates via these channels:

Website : http://sydphp.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/sydphp
Identi.ca : http://identi.ca/sydphp
Event calendar: