[sydphp-announce] May 2010 Meeting

已查看 1 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Timothy

未读,
2010年5月4日 01:35:102010/5/4
收件人 Sydney PHP Group
Hello Sydney PHPers!

A big thank you to all who attended last months event! And an even
bigger thank you to both Steven Roddis and Graham Weldon for their
presentations!

Moving on! This month we've got another two presentations lined up for
you. We've also decided to stick to the current venue and I would like
to explain to everyone how we came to this decision.

Firstly, we know it sucks to have to pay to come see these
presentations. We are working on sponsorship to remove this fee and
we'll be providing news regarding this as soon as we know for sure
whats going on. That being said, having a paid venue is a good thing
because it means that we have a guarantee that the venue will always
be available (assuming we book it in time - which we will!).

There is no reliance on someone else having to attend the group, to
open up, clean up and lock up. This way we can arrive, the room is
open and available and we can leave it the way we found it. Zero fuss.

Also, we think the location of the venue is awesome. Being only a 5
minute walk from the Town Hall station, we really couldn't ask for a
better spot.

We were pleased with last months schedule and so we've decided, for
now, to keep the 7pm starting time. This allows more time for people
to finish work and grab a bite to eat before the group starts. The
schedule has had some slight adjustments to try and squeeze in more Q
& A time. Check it out below.

We would also like to take this opportunity to welcome two new
organizers to the group!

Dean Rather, who has been attending the Sydney PHP Group for several
years now, started assisting us during the events. His help and
contribution to the group has been great and now he has put up his
hand to help out even more!

Graham Weldon is the second new organiser. Graham has not only
contributed several presentations, he has also been helping us behind
the scenes. Graham is currently offering great ideas and solutions and
helping to implement those to help the group get better.

Welcome.

Finally, all the details that you need to know for this months event
is below.

When

Wednesday 20th of May 2010.

6:00 - Meet Wagamama & Eat (Above Town Hall Stn. Food Court)
7:00 - Meet at SMCA
7:10 - Introductions
7:20 - Group Announcements
7:30 - Open Floor Discussion
7:40 - Presentation 1
8:10 - Questions & Answers
8:20 - Presentation 2
8:50 - Questions & Answers
9:00 - Be Out The Door

Where

Sydney Mechanics School of Arts - 280 Pitt St, Sydney.
View Larger Map

What

Two presentations, two presenters, three hours of PHP Group goodness.

Presentation 1

Daniel Winter - An Introduction to Symfony 1.4

A quick guide to getting started with the Symfony framework – creating
applications, using the MVC, the forms framework, custom routing,
automated testing and the admin generator.

Presentation 2

Kevin Waterson - PHP Command Line

An advanced look into PHP command line programming.

RSVP

You MUST RSVP to attend. The Yahoo! RSVP link is below, if you really
really really don't want to sign up for a yahoo account just to RSVP,
then email organ...@sydphp.org.

RSVP Link: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/5805175/NSW/Sydney/Sydney-PHP-Group-May-2010/Sydney-Mechanics-School-of-Arts/?ps=5

Entry Fee

There will be an entry fee of $5 per person for this event. The fee
covers the cost of the venue hire.

Hope to see you all there!

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/sydphp?hl=en