SydPHP November 2011 Meetup - 24th November (and a sneak peak at our phunconference 2.0!)

Graham Weldon

Nov 2, 2011, 7:37:03 AM11/2/11
to Sydney PHP Group
Hey all,

Lots has been going on in the organisation of SydPHP this month.
We're geared up and ready for November's meetup, which is happening on
the 24th November, at the usual venue (listed below).

We've also started using Meetup.com, an awesome tool to help us manage
the events, and track who is coming and whats going on.
This is already seeing us become more organised, and secure more
interest from new members, and old members alike.
The features and tools available to us, and our members via Meetup.com
have inspired us to kickstart a new project to integrate these tools
with our website to deliver you a single point of contact for all
information thats up to date, and easy to use. More information about
this at Novembers meetup! Its pretty exciting!

For now, you can RSVP on Meetup.com (http://www.meetup.com/SydPHP/
events/37925432/) or on the SydPHP Website (http://sydphp.org/events/?
event_id=14) to let us know you will be there!

Here's our lineup for November:

Topics:

- Filtering HTML Input
- Open Source Developers Conference wrap-up

Presentation 1:
Filtering HTML Input. Flashmob will go through various use cases for
filtering input, and discuss the use of HTML Purifier in one of his
recent projects. This is another look at site security, a much
requested topic at SydPHP.

Presentation 2:
Graham and Tim will give an overview of what went down at OSDC 2011.
This will include a look back at various talks that were on, as well
as a discussion about the mini confs that happen before the conference
proper. If you were unable to make it to OSDC, be sure to make it to
the SydPHP meetup to catch up on all the great content!

Finally, an early note about our December meetup (Yep, we're that
organised!). We've again secured the Google Sydney headquarters as our
venue for the December meetup, and we're going with the massively
popular Phunconference / unconference format that was a huge success
last year.
If you missed out on the 2010 event, we had over 80 attendees, and it
was an awesome night! There was plenty of free food, drink, and a
lively, fast paced atmosphere that kept everyone busy and chatting on
a wide variety of user suggested topics.

The Meetup.com page for the phunconference 2.0 is here:
http://www.meetup.com/SydPHP/events/38021722/

This year, we've got some awesome sponsors jumping on board, and a
whole host of giveaways for those attending. So be sure not to miss
out!

December's event is scheduled for the 15th December 2011, so make sure
your calendar is clear, and bring a friend! With over 80 attending
last year, we anticipate over 100 this year. We hope to see you there!

Thanks for everyones support and attendance,
We'll see you on the 24th November!

Cheers,
Graham Weldon (Predominant)
On behalf of the SydPHP Organisers

Graham Weldon

Nov 20, 2011, 6:36:03 AM11/20/11
to syd...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

Just a reminder about this months meetup. Its on thursday, and via the Meetup.com site we have 43 people attending!
It should be an awesome evening!

We'll be following the usual plan.
Meetup at 7pm at the SMSA Venue (Level 1, 280 Pitt Street, Sydney) for two hours of meetup.
We'll have a 5-10 minute break in the middle.

Once we finish up at approximately 9pm, we'll head to the Edinburgh Castle Hotel (just across the road) for some post meetup drinks and possibly food.
We hope to see you there!

Graham Weldon

Nov 23, 2011, 6:38:46 PM11/23/11
to syd...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

Just a reminder that SydPHP November 2011 is on *tonight*!

Thursday, November 24, 2011
7:00 PM

Sydney Mechanics School of Arts
Level 1, 280 Pitt Street.

We have about 50 people attending on the meetup site, which is a great turnout.
On behalf of all the organisers, I hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Graham Weldon (Predominant)