[JOB] Full-stack Developer @ DiviPay

Russell Martin

Mar 5, 2018, 9:18:12 PM3/5/18
to sydneypython

About your new company:

We're a new, venture-backed company looking to expand our team to keep pace with our rapid growth.

DiviPay is a digital wallet that allows customers to generate unique virtual Mastercards for every purchase on demand. DiviPay's virtual card management platform and digital wallet protects customers against online theft and fraud whilst putting them in complete control of their finances.

Thousands of people are using DiviPay to:

  • Protect themselves from online fraud
  • Make overseas purchases with Australia's best fx rate
  • Manage their money

You will be joining a tight-knit, product focused team which is driven by our backgrounds in payments, development and technology. We are nimble, experimental, push to production daily, and down to earth.

We've just moved to a new office space in Surry Hills (Sydney) that's a 5 minute walk from Central station. The space is fully refurbished, features natural light and comes complete with end of trip facilities.

Your new role:

Are you looking to work in a place where you will truly make an impact?

We are looking for a talented full stack software developer to join DiviPay and help us build our payments platform.
You will be:

  • Owning the backend for our entire business and scaling it as we move towards building a completely new banking platform.
  • Responsible for building and maintaining our Core Issuing and Payment Processing Platform.
  • Responsible for integrating our web and mobile applications via APIs.

Your time will be split [80]:[20] between the back and front end respectively.

Important skills and experience:

  • At least 2 years experience developing Python applications or similar
  • Comfortable with Relational Databases such as MySQL or Postgres
  • Experience with RESTful JSON APIs
  • Comfortable working within a Linux environment
  • Ability and desire to learn new technologies and tools
  • Passionate about writing high quality code and robust test coverage

If you only meet some of this criteria we still encourage you to apply. We're looking to hire for potential - if you are willing to learn we are willing to teach.

Important skills and experience:

  • At least 2 years experience developing Python applications or similar
  • Comfortable with Relational Databases such as MySQL or Postgres
  • Experience with RESTful JSON APIs
  • Comfortable working within a Linux environment
  • Ability and desire to learn new technologies and tools
  • Passionate about writing high quality code and robust test coverage

If you only meet some of this criteria we still encourage you to apply. We're looking to hire for potential - if you are willing to learn we are willing to teach.

Desired skills but things we can teach:

  • Ability to build highly reliable, fault-tolerant, and scalable production systems
  • Experience working with Token Authentication
  • Experience with message brokering and queuing services such as Redis or RabbitMQ
  • Experience with front-end HTML/CSS/JS

We'd love it if you have:

  • Strong interest and experience in cybersecurity, including Security Design Principles and Penetration Testing
  • Experience with Amazon Web Services - EC2, RDS, SNS, S3, Route53
  • Experience with Django or Flask
  • Interest and experience in building asynchronous microservices
  • A public Github for us to check out

What's in it for you?

  • Opportunity to join a fast-growing, high-performing, venture-backed startup at an early-stage
  • Leadership role within an established, collaborative, highly-regarded fintech company - you'll be mentoring the engineering team and guiding the direction of the platform from day 1.
  • Opportunity to execute on an ambitious vision of rethinking the delivery of financial services

DiviPay is an Equal Opportunity Employer:

DiviPay does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.

Ready to apply?

Please send your resume and Github (if you have one) to rus...@divipay.com and we'll explain the next steps.

Xuanyi Chew

Mar 5, 2018, 9:19:43 PM3/5/18
to sydneypython
FYI people who post jobs to this list -  THIS is a VERY good example of how to post jobs.

Xuanyi Chew
@chewxy on Twitter