[SyPy] [Job] Django developer, 2x roles

Rich Atkinson

Mar 28, 2017, 2:16:22 AM3/28/17
to sydney...@googlegroups.com
* A description of the job

We have openings for 2x additional Django developers to join our growing team.

* A description of the company.

Piran is a software development agency, established in 2012 and based in Sydney.

We develop software for ourselves and on behalf of clients. Most of our work is technical; we typically take on projects that most web agencies consider too complicated.

We usually work in small project based teams. Most teams include a UX designer, at least one front ender, one Python developer, and a part-time project manager. We are process focused, and try hard to continuously improve how we do what we do.

Some of our work is "research based", i.e. building prototypes, proof of concepts etc; however the majority of our work is building production software for our clients.

We hold quarterly "whole of company" social events throughout the year, as well as fairly regular Friday drinks and the odd impromptu lunch.

* The job location

Our office is in WeWork, Martin Place. We have a private office on the 14th floor.

* Is remote working acceptable, or is it on-site?

Our preference is for these roles to be Sydney based. We offer flexibility with working hours, work-from-home, etc. Occasionally work might be from our clients offices, but generally from our office in the CBD.

We do also have development staff in Brisbane and Melbourne, and would consider adding staff in those cities; although Sydney is definitely preferred.

* How much it pays

This is a full time position and we pay market rates depending on skills and experience.

* The level of the job

We have two openings:

- one junior / mid-level (at least 3 years of programming and 1 year of Django)
- one mid level / senior (at least 5 years in Django, experience with languages other than python)

* The length and type of the contract.

These are full time salaried, open-ended positions.

To members of SYPY:

* On-group replies to job postings will be deleted without exception.
* If you'd like to find out more, please reply directly to the job poster.
* If you need to talk to job posters on-group, please be courteous.

--
Rich Atkinson, Piran Digital
Level 14, 5 Martin Place