[JOB] Python developer, financial research

Alister Cordiner

Jun 29, 2017, 11:57:56 PM6/29/17
to sydneypython
Company: Capital Markets CRC (www.cmcrc.com)
Role: mid- to senior-level permanent full-time Python developer
Location: The Rocks, Sydney (short walk from Circular Quay station)
Pay: up to $100k + super (depending on experience)

Do you enjoy writing beautiful code and shipping it rapidly and iteratively? Do you enjoy tackling hard problems and have a track record delivering results? Do you enjoy working on the cutting edge of research?

Capital Markets CRC designs and develops world-leading software in the financial domain. We are looking for a talented, driven and experienced software developer to join our team. We are not a typical financial services company where you will be expected to work on dull projects or maintaining legacy systems. We create innovative solutions to support financial research that is carried out within the CMCRC and we have a strong track record in creating valuable spin-off companies in the finance space.

We offer a competitive salary, casual work environment and career progression opportunities. This is a full-time position in our conveniently located office in The Rocks.

An ideal candidate has:
  • 2+ years Python experience (5+ years total development experience)
  • Degree in Computer Science or a related field
  • Proficiency with Linux
  • Front-end web development experience also highly regarded (Javascript, HTML5, CSS, etc)
  • Experience or strong interest in finance or the capital markets domain
  • Experience solving scalability issues and/or distributed computing
  • Expertise in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you! The easiest way to apply is via our Seek ad: