[JOB] Senior Python Linux developer Ubuntu

Dimitri John Ledkov

Nov 12, 2020, 2:45:15 AM11/12/20
to sydneypython
* A description of the job

Work on Curtin, Probert, Subiquity that power Ubuntu Server interactive and full-automated installers (Server.iso, MAAS, etc). Such that it all works on x86, ARM, POWER, IBM Z, and more!

Used by:

Would be nice if one had knowledge of LVM, RAID, Multipath, UEFI, SecureBoot, DASD, zfcp, iSCSI, fiber attached storage, network install, PXE boot, filesystems, and that sort of thing. Because installer does have to deal with all of that stuff and more. But can learn on the job too.

Part of the Ubuntu Foundations team, the people behind the core of the Ubuntu (bootloaders, not kernel, installers, early userspace, toolchains). https://launchpad.net/~canonical-foundations

* A description of the company.

The company behind Ubuntu.

* The job location

Remote, from home. Australia / NZ / APAC / Americas timezones preferred.

* Is remote working acceptable, or is it on-site?

Full time remote.
Long-haul international travel every 3-6 months when not in a pandemic.

* How much it pays

Competitive, depends on the candidate/location/etc.

* The level of the job

Experienced / Senior

* The length and type of the contract.

Permanent.

Referral job application link is https://grnh.se/19a379471us
Feel free to email me direct too, and/or chat on irc on freenode. My nick is xnox.

Samuel Marks

Nov 12, 2020, 5:28:34 AM11/12/20
to sydney...@googlegroups.com
Great to see proper open-source jobs. Highly recommend working in open-source 😎