[JOB] Python Programmer / Linux MySQL Administrator

joanne....@taggle.com.au

Aug 31, 2016, 12:05:08 AM8/31/16
to sydneypython

Taggle Systems is an exciting, growing technology company that operates a large Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) wireless network developed in house by the company’s world class R&D team.

The role would suit someone who is interested in working in the Communications or IoT industry.

More information about Taggle Systems can be found on our website www.taggle.com.au

The company is looking for an experienced Python Programmer / Linux and MySQL Administrator with to maintain the smooth operation of our mission critical cloud-based data processing by troubleshooting problems based on symptoms from generated alerts, and implementing appropriate solutions.  Some ad-hoc programming duties may also be required.

An initial contract of 3 months will be provided with the goal of providing cover whilst the IT manager is on leave, with a view to future employment.  There will be an overlap period for training.

Immediate start required.

Mandatory demonstrated experience:

·       at least 2 years’ experience as a python programmer;

·       at least 2 years’ experience as a linux Systems administrator;

·       at least 2 years’ experience in working with MySQL databases;

·       experience with administering a RabbitMQ environment (or a similar product);

·       a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or equivalent.

Other skills that would be an advantage include:

·       Rackspace Cloud environment;

·       programming HTML/CSS and JavaScript;

·       Amazon DynamoDB; and

·       PubNub.

Candidates must be “self-starters” with the initiative and to work in a small team environment and possess good English communication skills.

The role will be based at our Sydney office located in Kent Street, close to Wynyard station.

If the applicant was to remain in long term employment, some field-work may be required, which would likely require accompanied state and interstate travel to other cities, rural and remote sites.

To apply for the position please send an email introducing yourself and a current CV to joanne....@taggle.com.au.

Xuanyi Chew

Aug 31, 2016, 12:06:35 AM8/31/16
to sydneypython
my apologies for the delay of OK-ing the job posting

Xuanyi Chew
@chewxy on Twitter