[JOB] Sydney-based Senior Python Dev Required for Renewable Energy Mapping Project

John McKibbin

Mar 30, 2017, 1:15:59 AM3/30/17
to sydneypython
The Institute for Sustainable Futures at the University of Technology Sydney is recruiting a contractor for a short term role, likely 3 months full time, starting as soon as possible.

The project involves the development of a system for mapping favourable locations for renewable energy and energy efficiency projects across Australia, on the Australian Renewable Energy Mapping Infrastructure (AREMI) web platform: www.nationalmap.gov.au/renewables/

The system use Python code to transform a set of CSV, JSON and GeoJSON input files into a derived CZML data layer to be uploaded for display on the platform. The contractor would require strong Python skills and experience working with the Cesium mapping platform would be advantageous but are not essential.

Please contact John McKibbin <john.m...@isf.uts.edu.au> with your CV and ideally code samples, or if you have further questions about the role.

About the Institute for Sustainable Futures

The Institute for Sustainable Futures (ISF) is a research institute at the University of Technology Sydney that creates change towards sustainable futures by conducting independent project based research for Australian and international clients. ISF works with industry, government and the community on research projects across a range of research areas using a variety of approaches. These projects foster lasting change and aim to build independent capacity in clients by passing on knowledge and skills.

Michela Ledwidge

Mar 31, 2017, 3:51:06 AM3/31/17
to sydney...@googlegroups.com
Hi John

I would be interested in applying for the role.

I'm a senior developer who has done many projects ingesting and transforming CSV and JSON data for enterprise data and media projects using Python. I am well versed in recent WebGL and python development. I was invited to be on the WebGL panel at the upcoming WWW conference and a member of the W3C Mixed Reality Service Community Group. I'm also a volunteer coach at the Djangogirls event tomorrow.

Please find attached my CV and a ZIP of some code samples from previous projects where I have done all the python development. More at https://github.com/michela/

* model from ACO Virtual web service - APIs for an immersive interactive video experience that includes compass heading and geo-location for each staging
* CSV importer for Rack&Pin management platform - used on several feature films and many media management projects
* geo-location pathfinding from Tag Town a mobile geo-located treasure hunt game system

I'm based 5mins walk from UTS if you would like to meet and discuss further.

I am particularly interested in this role because I would like to learn more about Cesium with re. to webvr developments and data storytelling.

Best

Michela

Michela Ledwidge
Founder & CEO

@michela
Mob +61 (0)4316 347 64 (AU)  Tel +61 2 8003 4811 (AU) Tel +44 208 144 8981 (UK)
Suite 25, Level 2, 647 George Street Haymarket Sydney NSW 2000
http://modprods.com

Experience amazing immersive and interactive VR at Mod | #vrarcade

Mod acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land that we work on, the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation, and pay our respects to the Elders past and present.
samples.zip
MichelaLedwidge-PythonDeveloper.docx

Michela Ledwidge

Mar 31, 2017, 3:52:12 AM3/31/17