[JOB] Backend Developer (pref python) with Linux Skills

Dylan Jay

Jun 6, 2018, 12:19:43 AM6/6/18
to sydneypython

Backend Developer (pref python) with Linux Skills

Location: Sydney CBD or  Work remotely from interstate Australia

Employment rights: Citizen or AU PR required

Contract: Full-time

Level: Both graduates and senior will be considered.

Department: PretaGov R&D and Ops

Overview

PretaGov provides services to Government and the private sector in Australia and the UK, around CMS based websites, extranets, intranets, web apps, forms and process automation. We host all our software and offer several SaaS based products.

PretaGov is growing having expanded to the UK and Thailand. This is an exciting time to join the company as we continue to roll out new initiatives and into new markets in the future.

What we need

We are looking for a recent graduate with good communication skills and problem solving abilities who is experienced in production Linux environments. You'll help build and support dynamic SaaS products and solutions with the small team in our Sydney Office or remotely from interstate. If interstate you may be required to fly within Australia for client requirement gathering meetings.

You will work closely with our highly motivated team of software developers across multiple platforms and technologies to create a beautiful application ecosystem that is consistent, highly usable, reliable and performant.

This role suits someone who likes to solve real-world problems. They welcome quick feedback for their efforts and act in response with their initiative and collaboratively if needed. The successful candidate must thrive working in many different roles and enjoys continuous challenges.

Responsibilities

  • Web solution development.

  • Flexible, self-starter, fast-learner – willing and able to quickly learn new technologies and skills.

  • Clearly and regularly communicating with management and colleagues.

  • Deliver unit and functional testing for feature releases.

  • Work with the broader technical organisation on our long term product roadmap.

  • Planning and completing projects independently and keeping related documentation up to date.

  • Provide customer support by communicating with customers by phone or email. This covers resolving user issues, debugging problems and gathering requirements for requested enhancements.

  • Diagnosing and fixing ops issues relating to our cloud hosting environment.

Skills

Essential

  • Experience in an object oriented language, (gain Python).

  • Experience in production Linux environments.

Good to know:

  • Python, Docker, Rancher, Varnish, Haproxy, Plone

You should:

  • Be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.

  • Be a self-starter and able to work as a team member or individually.

  • Well organised (project management experience a plus)

  • Ability to multitask.

You must have the right to work in Australia.

To apply:

Please submit a cover letter describing how you meet our job requirements and a recent CV to jobs at pretagov.com.au.