[JOB] Django dev to help VC firm reinvent the venture capitalist industry

Michael Imstepf

Aug 2, 2017, 4:46:37 PM8/2/17
to sydneypython

Looking for a senior full-stack Django developer (3+ years commercial experience) searching for a challenge - work with us to reinvent the venture capital industry. As part of a new and fast-growing team, you will help us build our tech stack from the ground up and make a significant contribution to the company.

Artesian Venture Partners, one of Australia’s largest venture capital fund, is searching for a fantastic new team member to join us on-site (Sydney CBD) and in a full-time and permanent capacity to build a revolutionary platform that we are creating for our clients. The platform pulls data from different channels and through data science algorithms and data visualisation helps our clients identify and assess investment opportunities.

As part of the core team, you will be working with a product manager, a data scientist and a designer towards building the platform in Django on the backend and on the frontend. As we accelerate our growth, you will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a role that will give you as much as you put in.

As a company, we are a friendly bunch and we like to explore and test new ideas and move fast.

Core Competencies

  • 3+ years of commercial experience with Django

  • Ability to learn new development languages, frameworks and libraries

  • Expertise with the following technologies: Git, Django, Python, JavaScript, relational databases

  • Team player with solid work ethic

  • Thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environment

Position Responsibilities

  • Take ownership of defined sections of development, from ideation to creating technical specifications, to development, through to deployment

  • Write elegant and scalable code that meets technical and business specifications

  • Communicate and collaborate with team members and provide regular updates on project progress and any outstanding issues

  • Continually share ideas and knowledge with the team, to up skill yourself and others around you

  • Keep up to date with trends and emerging technologies

What it’s like working at Artesian

Artesian is a great place to grow your career. Our team is small and motivated and we like to move fast. The roles here at Artesian are broad so you get to grow different skills, our hierarchies are flat and you get to make a real difference. We are well funded and offer a competitive salary / equity package for the right person.

How to apply (no recruiters please)

Please send the following to te...@artesianinvest.com

  • Your resume OR a link to your LinkedIn profile OR a bullet list with your relevant work experience and skills

  • A link to your Github profile AND / OR some code you are proud of

We’re looking forward to hearing from you!