[JOB]: Python Software Engineer at CSIRO's Data61

Arthur Street

May 16, 2018, 9:20:36 PM5/16/18
to sydneypython

CSIRO's Data61 is seeking a talented Software Engineer to assist in the build of a Python API that allows users to query confidential datasets, while maintaining privacy by aggregating and “confidentialising” the results on the fly.

Data61 is the largest data innovation network in Australia, comprising approximately 600 researchers, engineers and designers working in digital technologies to benefit Australia. We are unrivalled in our intellectual capital and our network with the global technology marketplace.

LocationSydney or Canberra preferred, other locations in Australia negotiable

Length and type of contract: Permanent full-time

We're looking for someone to help us design and build APIs and ensure their implementation is secure, efficient and maintainable, who has the ability to take (possibly incompletely defined) problems and structure them in code. We're keen to bring concepts from functional programming, such as immutability and static typing, into our Python code.  To be successful, you need to:

  • Have the ability to think creatively, prototype new ideas and see them through to production, while working to deadlines.
  • Have a minimum 2 years' experience developing in Python. (Minimum 4 years for a senior appointment, including REST API Design experience.)
  • Have a history of developing robust and secure applications.

There is also scope to help develop JavaScript user interfaces that interact with the API, if you like that sort of thing.

For a full description (including salary), and to apply, please visit https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Software-Engineer/477490500/