[JOB] Python developer to join exciting small SaaS company solving government IT problems

Dylan Jay

Feb 8, 2017, 5:47:17 AM2/8/17
to sydneypython

About the PretaGov

PretaGov is a small Software as a Service company with offices in London and Sydney. We help the UK and Australian Governments deliver digital services.
We are rapidly building out a SaaS product to help governments solve their digital transformation bottleneck. We’re looking for a flexible, fast learning individual that can assist in our marketing and sales activities within the Government sector.

Job Description

We are looking for a Python Developer to help build great products and services in the Sydney Team (although remote within Australia will also be considered). You will work closely with other Software Developers and Designers across multiple platforms and technologies to create a beautiful application ecosystem that is consistent, highly usable, reliable and performant.

As a Software Developer you will:

  • Write well structured and commented code
  • Assist in architecting systems and applications
  • Likes seeing immediate impact of their efforts. We move fast and you will have direct contact with clients.
  • See unit testing as a benefit, not a chore
  • Have a good appreciation of the importance of UX, understanding user needs and designing with the user in mind.
  • Care about your craft, be aware of new technologies and be keen to use them when appropriate
  • Feed your opinions to the product team
  • Be involved in support, platform architecture and devops for existing clients
  • Be an active contributing part of an agile development team
  • Define your career path and be given the opportunity to grow and learn

You need to be skilled at:

  • Writing great code, software design being as important to you as writing the code
  • Estimating and communicating progress and roadblocks
  • Framework agnostic development
  • Unit testing including mocking and behavioural testing
  • Application architecture
  • Version control
  • Relational and non-relational databases and when to use them
  • Caching (both at application and platform level) and you’re not scared of cache invalidation
  • Technologies we’re using right now (and you may be expected to use):

    • Python, Plone, Pyramid, Angular 2, Varnish, HAProxy, Nginx, Git

Additional Information

As a team member you will benefit from:

  • Competitive salary
  • Discretionary annual bonus
  • Opportunities for interstate and international travel
  • the challenge and satisfaction of helping the government deliver better public services with innovative products.

To apply:

Please submit a cover letter and CV to jobs at our company domain of pretagov.com.au. Ring
Dylan on 02 9955 2830 for more information.

Dylan Jay

Feb 16, 2017, 3:14:28 AM2/16/17
to sydney...@googlegroups.com
Nobody is interested in this job?

Ben De Luca

Feb 16, 2017, 3:23:40 AM2/16/17
to sydney...@googlegroups.com
not in australia right now or I would apply :(