Robot Operating System: Meetup this Saturday 3rd August @ 12 noon

Gav

Jul 28, 2013, 7:15:02 PM7/28/13
to sydne...@googlegroups.com, sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

My work testing is over and I'm starting to get some free time again. People have been asking, so  let's have another ROS meetup!

Date: Saturday 3rd August
Time: 12 noon

If you haven't come to a ROS meetup yet this is your chance. Feel free to bring along your projects to show off, finished or unfinished. I'll also have my turtlebot running around if anyone wants to have a play with mapping or see what a ROS system is like in action. I've loaned my laser to some Uni students, but we'll still have kinect and 3D vision happening.

What projects are people working on at the moment?
I've got a system I'm working on which should hopefully provide indoor location finding for robots using only a couple of arduinos. I call it indoor GPS (the G stands for Gav...)

Cheers,
Gavin

Adrian Apps

Jul 28, 2013, 7:46:08 PM7/28/13
to sydne...@googlegroups.com, sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Ooh, any chance of moving it back a week to the 10th?

I'm away this weekend but would love to come. Otherwise just copy me in on any slides shown.

Cheers,

Adrian.

Gav

Jul 31, 2013, 12:17:50 AM7/31/13
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com, sydne...@googlegroups.com
@Adrian, Ah, darn. At least one person's coming from Newcastle this Sat. Although RnD meet every weekend, and I'll certainly be there next weekend if you want any advice on ROS, etc.

@Angus, awesome! I'd forgotten about that, but I'll be in on Sunday to grab my T-shirt :-D

On 29 July 2013 23:02, Angus Deveson <an...@ufactory.com.au> wrote:
Robowars Sydney is on this coming weekend ;) I have a shirt for you Gav! :)