Time for another ROS meetup?

Adrian Apps

Apr 13, 2014, 9:47:14 PM4/13/14
to sydne...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I've been thinking it's time for another ROS meetup, so how does the 3rd May suit everyone?

Place to be determined but a couple of our options are:
- Robots and Dinosaurs @ Meadowbank; or
- RoboDojo @ Campbelltown.

Thoughts, things that you'd like to see covered?

I'm planning on rebuilding my laptop so will be curious to see what has changed in the latest updates. Also this time around I have a Turtlebot 2, so have some hardware to bring along on the day.

Cheers,

Adrian

Alex McClung

Apr 13, 2014, 10:26:27 PM4/13/14
to sydne...@googlegroups.com
Yes I'm definitely keen for another ROS meetup, but Ill be in Perth that weekend, I think I'm free all the other weekends in May, do any of those suit?

Alex

Adrian Apps

Apr 13, 2014, 10:31:42 PM4/13/14
to sydne...@googlegroups.com
I'm free every weekend at this stage other than the 17th May. Just wanted to put something far enough out there notice-wise so everyone can put it in their calendars.

So how about the 10th May people?

Adrian

Gav

Apr 14, 2014, 3:15:13 AM4/14/14
to Adrian Apps, sydne...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like a plan. RnD is happy to host if that suits. I can't make the 10th, but other than that I'm free.

ROS has had a couple of nice changes recently, there's a 'frontier exploration' plugin I've been waiting on. If you've already got your mapping (SLAM) set up like in the workshop, it allows you to automatically generate move_base commands to the edges of the map where it can acquire new data.

There's also a new 2D simulator that looks nice:

I'll be off to the ICRA robotics conference at the end of May, so I'll report back on what robotic goodies are coming out :-)

Adrian Apps

Gav

May 6, 2014, 9:07:17 PM5/6/14
to Adrian Apps, sydne...@googlegroups.com
That's probably a good plan.

I'll be overseas for a bit after ICRA, visiting a few people and hackerspaces. How about Saturday June the 28th at Robodino? That'll give me a bit of time after getting back to get some stuff in order to show.

Anybody got any particular interests I should look out for? I'll try and grab some glossy brochures on various hardware and software stuff as usual.

Cheers,
Gavin

Alex McClung

May 8, 2014, 3:33:48 AM5/8/14
to sydne...@googlegroups.com, Adrian Apps
I think I'm free on both of those dates, whatever suits.

Definitely keen to get working on my Robot again and get back down (been busy with school), also keen to check out what everyone else has been up to and hear about some of the "robotic goodies" at ICRA. :-)

Cheers,
Alex

Adrian Apps

May 20, 2014, 9:49:46 PM5/20/14