ROS joystick package for Logitech F710

Adrian Apps

Apr 29, 2013, 4:04:19 AM4/29/13
to sydne...@googlegroups.com
Hey Gav,

I believe you also had one of these controllers to use as a joystick at the workshop, is this correct?

I'm trying to get mine going with the Kobuki but am having issues... would you mind sharing your package or provide a guide or similar to getting it working?

Cheers,

Adrian.

Adrian Apps

May 1, 2013, 1:21:23 AM5/1/13
to sydne...@googlegroups.com
So I got the gamepad working using the suggestion offered by Gav which didn't show up on here.

Of course you need a master to communicate so if you haven't already, run a core using a command such as "roslaunch turtlebot_bringup minimal.launch"

Then to get it working, I first installed the turtlebot_teleop package using the command "rosdep install turtlebot_teleop" after which I was able to run it using the command "roslaunch turtlebot_teleop logitech.launch"

The package also allow for control using keyboard or interactive markers.

Great fun driving the little fella around, now I need to work on my Asus Xtion Pro Live feed so that I can start mapping the environment!

Cheers,

Adrian