ROS Indogo Beta out now!

Adrian Apps

May 27, 2014, 7:23:40 PM5/27/14
to sydne...@googlegroups.com
From http://www.ros.org/news/2014/05/ros-indigo-igloo-beta-available.html

We're pleased to announce the availability of the first beta release of ROS Indigo Igloo in the repositories. ROS Indigo Igloo now has over 500 packages including everything in ros-indigo-desktop-full as defined in REP 142 [1].

ROS Indigo Igloo will be our first LTS release synchronized to pair with the Ubuntu Trusty Tahr release which came out last month. The support period and a summary of distributions can be found on the wiki [2].

As this is an LTS release most of the core components have been focused on minor incremental improvements for stability and maintainability. For a summary of updates important to all developers please see the migration guide [3]. This is an aggregation of package changes which maintainers would like the community to be aware of. If you are maintaining a package and have made major changes it is encouraged to fill this page in before the final release.

This is the first beta release and we ask that people try out the system in the coming weeks. We have just recently detected a major issue with the Debian packaging system and thanks to the great community of ROS maintainers in one week we have rereleased over 300 packages.

To make sure that we have adequate testing we will delay the final release into June.

Full details of updated packages in Indigo Hydro and Groovy are below.

Gav

May 27, 2014, 7:24:38 PM5/27/14
to Adrian Apps, sydne...@googlegroups.com
Already running apt-get on my VM now :-)

Adrian Apps

Jun 4, 2014, 1:06:29 AM6/4/14
to sydne...@googlegroups.com, praetori...@gmail.com
I started installation of indigo last night but after getting the ROS-desktop installed couldn't see any turtlebot-indigo packages  yet. How did you go about this part?