What are your plans for ROS?

Adrian Apps

Apr 16, 2013, 6:07:26 AM4/16/13
to sydne...@googlegroups.com
I was curious what other people are doing.

So what have you built or are planning to build using ROS?

I have just purchased a Kubiko (the base of the Turtlebot2) and am in the process of designing a robot arm. My plan is to mount this on the Kubiko and create a RoboButler, never again shall I have to get my own beer from the fridge! *Cue maniacal laughter* ok so maybe a bit over dramatic but a fun project none-the-less!

Phonexay soumpholphakdy

Dec 15, 2013, 7:01:18 PM12/15/13
to sydne...@googlegroups.com
Is Ros the best option ? Any alternative available??

Alex McClung

Dec 15, 2013, 8:05:21 PM12/15/13
to sydne...@googlegroups.com
Yes there are plenty of other options available, but ROS is arguably the most popular and most flexible robotics platform available today with 2000+ ROS packages available.