AR.Drone update

Ian Burton

Apr 19, 2013, 7:31:36 PM4/19/13
to sydne...@googlegroups.com
After bashing my head against a brick wall last week trying to get ROS to talk to my ar.drone, I decided to use a new(er) computer.  Built according to the http://robohub.org/up-and-flying-with-the-ar-drone-and-ros-getting-started/ page - worked first time!!!

Gavin - as a note, when we did the reset thing, it also reset a config entry for the wifi mode.  A small change in the config.ini (original!) and it's all better :)

For anyone else looking at the ar.drone: https://projects.ardrone.org/attachments/146/config.ini has a bunch of useful info.  I'd suggest this is where you would look at making permanent changes to, say, connect to a wireless network.

Now that I have it connected and working (video, keyboard, as per the demo), I'm now looking at the visualisation stack: http://www.ros.org/wiki/tum_ardrone . Unfortunately it doesn't appear to work with the main ardrone_autonomy stack (https://github.com/AutonomyLab/ardrone_autonomy) - it doesn't even make :(

Now I'm just trying to figure out how I can use the "customised" ardrone_autonomy package (from the tum_ardrone page) without overwriting the regular ardrone_autonomy package...

Adrian Apps

Apr 23, 2013, 1:01:00 AM4/23/13
to sydne...@googlegroups.com
This will be pretty sweet if you can get it fully working. Would be nice to have a "scout" that could potentially dock with my Kobuki!