Making slow progress

Dave Everett

Jul 26, 2013, 6:53:19 AM7/26/13
to sydne...@googlegroups.com
I'm slowly making progress despite ROS' best efforts to thwart me.

My last issues was transforms. Finally worked out that ros_arduino_bridge is publishing odom transforms and my attempts were conflicting.

I also published a static transform of my base_laser. However now I have moved the xtion to a new position and given it some angle. I can update the XYZ but I am not sure which way around ROS measures the Pitch. Do radians start at the top and circle round forward or in reverse. Maybe they start at a different position? Either way ROS.ORG is not telling.

I have now mounted an 8 inch VGA monitor as well for debugging on the move as I don't have any wireless tools.

If you are using ros_arduino_bridge I have found the base_controller.py file does not calculate m/s or rad/sec correctly so I have modified the code. I have been emailing the author, he is away at the moment so I hope he can confirm my code changes when he gets back.

When are we next meeting?

Dave

Gav

Jul 28, 2013, 7:07:10 PM7/28/13
to Dave Everett, sydne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

Very cool work on the robot. I love the angles on the display.

If you're stuck on the static transform publisher, try viewing the TF tree in RVIZ. It'll give a display of where all the frames are, which is handy for debugging.

This Saturday works for me, and I hear Alex is coming down as well.

Cheers,
Gavin

Dave Everett

Jul 28, 2013, 8:44:22 PM7/28/13
to sydne...@googlegroups.com, Dave Everett

On Monday, July 29, 2013 9:07:10 AM UTC+10, Gav wrote:
Hi Dave,

Very cool work on the robot. I love the angles on the display.

If you're stuck on the static transform publisher, try viewing the TF tree in RVIZ. It'll give a display of where all the frames are, which is handy for debugging.

Great idea, I will do that Gav.

Dave