Recruiting Casual Workshop Technicians at Sydney Uni: Digital Fabrication, Timber and Metal

Sam choy

Jun 20, 2024, 2:14:04 AMJun 20
to Robots & Dinosaurs

Hello fellow Makers!, My workplace at Sydney Uni is looking for Casual Makers to help students in a Model and prototype making lab. Are you looking for work or know someone who is?

The Design Modelling and Fabrication Lab (DMaF Lab) is currently recruiting casual workshop technicians.

 We are looking for makers with skills in either:

  • Digital Fabrication – such as 3D printing, laser cutting.
  • Timber fabrication – such as joinery, carpentry, modelmaking.
  • Metal Fabrication – such as forming, welding, sculpture.

 The roles will suit makers, artists, or tradespeople interested in working with students in a great team environment.

 Our technicians are a source of expertise who induct, train and supervise Architecture and Design students in our workshops. They help with technical problem solving, providing material and technical advice to students and academics, and assist with maintaining the workshop space and equipment.

The positions are:

  • Casual position, flexible days per week.
  • Based on the Darlington / Camperdown campus of the University of Sydney.

 About us:

We are a prototyping makerspace with analogue and digital making technologies that supports the USYD Design and Architecture degrees.

Check out our website and Instagram to take a look at the work that we do.

Applications are now open.

To apply - please email the DMaF Lab Manager - dylan.wozn...@sydney.edu.au. Feel free to get in touch with any questions or more information about the roles.

Please note applicants must have working rights in Australia. Those with international citizenships must not be subject to Australian government sanctions.

DYLAN WOZNIAK-O'CONNOR | Manager

Design Modelling and Fabrication Lab, Architecture Design and Planning

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 158, Wilkinson Bld G04 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
 +61 2 9351 5294
dylan.wozn...@sydney.edu.au  | W sydney.edu.au

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.