What sort of machine is this?

Rehana Badat

Aug 26, 2021, 7:50:24 PM8/26/21
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Hello everyone!

I hope you're all doing alright in lockdown. It kinda sucks but it gave me the final push I needed to get a laser cutter (so if anyone needs anything cut, lemme know and I can post it to you :)

But a home laser cutter also means lots of offcuts! I'd love to make them into new sheets, and found this youtube tutorial about how to recycle them.

Does anyone know what this machine is called? Do you reckon we might have one in the new Redfern space?

Cheers
Rehana

Grégory Joseph

Aug 26, 2021, 7:53:36 PM8/26/21
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for hijacking this thread but

> the new Redfern space

What did I miss? Is that a thing? I'd be excited
(so!much!more!accessible from where I am)

Madox

Aug 26, 2021, 8:21:01 PM8/26/21
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Redfern space?

I was just reminiscing as I walked past this place... (Who remembers it?)

PXL_20210823_025108146.jpg

Matt Callow

Aug 26, 2021, 10:24:03 PM8/26/21
to robodino

Madox

Aug 27, 2021, 6:59:17 AM8/27/21
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Hehe I just tried to look for another photo of the lane, but all I can find is one of Gavin driving a Dalek.  I think the stairs at Meadowbank really prevent Daleks from roaming free....

So what's this talk of a new Redfern place?

On Friday, 27 August 2021 at 12:24:03 pm UTC+10 Matt C wrote:
Is that Gerard Lane?