free TV (Android google TV 58" QLED)

Kris

Jun 17, 2024, 7:04:41 AMJun 17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

a couple of weeks ago my Hitatchi 58QLEDSM20 developed dark shading horizontal bands across the bottom quarter of the screen.

It's three years old and not wanting to fight the warranty with JB HIFI i ordered a new TV.

As soon as i had ordered the new TV the current one fixed itself and hasn't broken since.

I do not feel comfortable selling it as it might break again, nor do i want to throw it away as (right now) it's working perfectly.

Would anyone in the space like it? Free, but with the knowledge it could break tomorrow, or in three years.

First in according to email (arrival) stamp gets it.

I can drop it off to the space Tuesday evening (7pm plus) or drop it in Saturday morning. You are welcome to come round an pick it up at another time this week.

I've got the legs for it, but you will need to find some M6 bolts i think (i'll have a look and see if i can find the bag)

It comes with a receipt and the instruction book. And remote control (though it also accepts bluetooth controllers)

image attached

io are:

Antenna (Belling Lee)

usb

hdmi 1

3.5mm stereo audio out

ethernet

optical (toslink)

2 more usb

3 more hdmi

composite av in

Let me know please

Kris

tvthatwaits.jpg

Darcy Morgan

Jun 17, 2024, 8:30:01 AMJun 17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested in it, although I know I'm rather new to the group. Bigger problem is I don't drive so I'm not sure how I would transport it to where I live in the city.

Julian Sortland

Jun 17, 2024, 9:45:41 AMJun 17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Same problem.  But live in Oberon, And no car, can't even take it purely on a train, where you don't have to work past a bus driver.

Julian Sortland, VK2YJS, AG6LE (VE).

Ph:  0429 470 672

Unit 12, 10-14 Balfour Street
OBERON  NSW  2787
AUSTRALIA

Lemming

Jun 17, 2024, 3:33:54 PMJun 17
to Robots & Dinosaurs
If I was a bit closer I'd jump on this, sounds like the LED boards in the back of the TV are flaky in some way and this is a relatively easy repair and cheapish too.

Quick google shows the backlights as available for about $20, and could probably get that down to $15 or $10 with some hunting.

Kris

Jun 17, 2024, 5:54:47 PMJun 17
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com

i can put it in the box my new tv has come in, you'd need two people but you could get it on the train at meadowbank to central and then maybe taxi it from there?

Lemming

Jun 18, 2024, 3:05:11 PMJun 18
to Robots & Dinosaurs
If that was a reply to me... I'm in Perth :-P

Matt Callow

Jun 18, 2024, 5:43:49 PMJun 18
to robodino
Hi Kris,
I waited a while to let other people jump in. But if its still available, I'm interested.

Matt

Kris

Jun 19, 2024, 2:28:34 AMJun 19
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com

Hi Matt,

Darcy seems to have gone quiet. It's yours, I'll bring it to the space on Saturday. Do you want a box?

Kris

Darcy Morgan

Jun 19, 2024, 3:20:59 AMJun 19
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com