Why are my threads getting hijacked?

shykitten55

Oct 19, 2021, 4:14:26 AM10/19/21
to Robots & Dinosaurs
Ok, I am (was) a bit guilty of it a long time ago when I was new to things.

I am only mentioning this.  Not pointing fingers, etc.

But recently two of my threads seem to have been hijacked.

Is there a  reason?

Gerwood Stewart

Oct 19, 2021, 4:55:25 PM10/19/21
to sydney-h...@googlegroups.com
Good question, that I can't answer at least. But I promise I am fighting the urge (very hard) to hijack this one.

I have three RND emails at the top of my inbox, and from the (other) two I can see I think someone may have been intending to reply to the space opening thread and got it wrong.

Bit like texting something significant other related to your genetic contributor cause she was the last one to send you a text. ;)

Gerwood

shykitten55

Oct 19, 2021, 6:53:05 PM10/19/21
to Robots & Dinosaurs
I guess it isn't that much of a bother.  Just confusing to me.

But I'll live - I hope.  ;)

Madox

Oct 20, 2021, 2:44:32 AM10/20/21
to Robots & Dinosaurs
I don't think it is intentional, it is how different people interact with the list and their proficiency with lists of this nature.

For example I use the web interface 'groups.google.com' and everything is organised into threads and clearly separated.

Others I assume subscribe to this as a mailing list and may receive it either as individual emails, or daily/weekly digests.  It may simply be a matter of convenience for them to 'reply' to an E-mail thread/digest mail and continue the conversation (albeit potentially tangentially and non-thread related) that way.

Does that make sense?  Happens all the time... on all mailing lists....